The State of Aeon 11_18_2018
With the passing of holidays like EL DÍA DE LA TRADICIÓN, BON OM TOUK, and GUY FAWKES DAY, THANKSGIVING DAY celebrations are in order for this coming week. Families can gather and spend time together on this day of remembrance and giving. For Aeon, our community has come together a little more in the past two weeks. Let us review these things, shall we.
Updating CLI for Beta Testing The Next Point Release
Stoffu has been hard at work getting some pull requests ported to Aeon from Monero the past few weeks. Included in those pulls are fixes to help Aeon build on Linux and Windows, some Wallet and Daemon bugs, and also a possible fix for some difficulty drift issues found on the network. Pool Operators are suggested to pull recursively the latest pr’s from issue #77 and build the new daemon and cli. Make sure your Msys2 builder is up to date.
git clone --recursive https://github.com/aeonix/aeon.git
git fetch origin pull/77/head:upstream-2-16112018
WINDOWS make release-static-win64
Users can also build by cloning Stoffu’s repo and checking out the merge before building for the latest.
pacman -Syuuthengit clone --recursive https://github.com/stoffu/monero.git
git checkout aeon-upstream-2
Latest as of November 18, 2018:
User Flairs for Reddit
This was discussed and then added thanks to u/tyuvvdgzkp. If appropriate user flair has not been added, please contact tyuvvdgzkp and he can add your appropriate user flair. The available flairs include:
November 6th Community Meeting on Discord
There was an impromptu community meeting on discord November 6th. A recap can be found on Reddit. Some of the few highlights from the meetup were the following:
- Ideas on how to attract a full-time developer
- Elimination of low mixins or using a fixed ring size on the next upgrade
- What are the exact goals of the Aeon project
- Katiecharm and her lack or presence in the community since rebase
- Consensus for Aeon not needing a leader or Voting system
- Agreement that there should be monthly meet-ups like this on Discord
Aeon Community Information Repositories
ThriftyMinnow and BigSlimVdub have created some repositories for Aeon usage and some how-tos. Work in progress so things will be updated as time permits for them. Feel free to add additional information to these.
- Bitliber platform goes fully online: Aeon/XMR pairs
- Aeon listed on CoinMarketDaddy
- Bittrex has increased deposit confirms to 400. Please understand that this is the choice of the Bittrex team to protect your assets and theirs.
- XMR-Stak update to v2.6.0 has binaries out: No need to update for Aeon purposes at this time
- XMR-Stak wasabi 2.1 is out
- The 2080ti gets garbage hash rates for dollars spent on Aeon: 1500hs, thanks Katie for the heads up!
- More 0 mixin talk: It seems community users still want to eliminate this
- Community Contact List: Signup to receive important updates or security patches for the Aeon project
- AEONPocket is no longer in service. If you used the service in the past, please restore your wallet from seed on the official Aeon-GUI or Aeon-CLI.
Aeon Community Links
Block Explorer AeonBlocks: https://aeonblocks.com/
Block Explorer Aeon.lol: http://www.aeon.lol
Aeon Wiki: https://aeon.wiki
Funding System: https://www.aeonfunding.com
Aeon Branding Pack Colors
COLOR 1: #5fbcd3ff
COLOR 2: #2c89a0ff
COLOR 3: #164450ff
COLOR 4: #444444ff
COLOR 5: #ffffffff
TYPESET: Ebrima (Bold)