Many people ask how they can mine Aeon. The most efficient way is to run an optimized mining program such as Stak-Miner or XMrig. Some people don’t want to use third-party mining applications to mine on their CPU but still want to help secure the network by solving some math. A neat little hidden gem of the Aeon-GUI is the mining portion. This is based on the daemon portion of the wallet software and it is not optimized like proprietary software but you can still help out the network with it. The same functions can be done with the CLI based daemon if you know the command lines, but the GUI is all-inclusive and one click to run. Do you want to help out the network? Let’s find out how to do this.
1- Open the GUI and sync to current block height.
- Open the GUI and click settings and make sure local node is selected. Note that if this is the first time syncing, it will take some time to sync the blockchain from 0. It usually takes about 45 minutes to 3 hours depending on hardware. SSD or m.2 will speed up the process. HDD may take 12hrs to sync.
- You MUST use local node for this mining function to work. You can not use a remote node because you are mining to your base wallet address that is open in the GUI.
2- Select the advanced tab to configure mining.
- Click the advanced tab and then select the mining tab.
- Here we want to select the number of threads we want to mine on (remember Aeon is CN-L so usually double that of standard Cryptonight)
- Press the “Start Mining” button to start raking in the Aeons
- Don’t forget that mining is pretty CPU intensive and if you run a higher thread count the CPU will get pretty warm. Keep an eye on the CPU temps and make sure you have proper fan control if you are running high thread counts on the miner.
- If you need to stop mining, click the “Stop Mining” button and the mining will stop. Verify it has stopped by scrolling down and checking the box for mining confirmation on the bottom.
Well there we have it. Hopefully, you can help secure the network with spare CPU power with the Aeon-GUI (or CLI if you prefer that). Aeon miners and users have been slave driving CPU threads since 6_6_2014. The network difficulty is a lot higher nowadays but solving hashes is still a vital part of securing the Aeon network. See you all next time!
Aeon Community Links
Aeon Community Webpage: https://aeoncommunity.github.io
Block Explorer Aeon.lol: http://www.aeon.lol
Block Explorer https://www.aeonblockexplorer.com
Block Explorer https://www.aeonstats.com
Block Explorer https://aeonblockchecker.ninja:8081
Global Node Map https://aeonmap.supportcryptonight.com
Twitter Aeon Community: https://twitter.com/AeonCommunity
Aeon Wiki: https://coinwik.org/Aeon
Funding System: https://www.aeonfunding.com
WooCommerce plugin https://github.com/AEONCommunity/aeon-woocommerce-gateway
Aeon Community GitHub repo: https://github.com/AEONCommunity
Delta Direct: https://delta.app/en/crypto/aeon/aeon
Matrix Chat: https://riot.im/app/#/room/#aeon:matrix.org
Aeon.to: https://aeon.to (Currently offline as of 6_20_2020)
Aeon Branding Pack
COLOR 1: #5fbcd3ff
COLOR 2: #2c89a0ff
COLOR 3: #164450ff
COLOR 4: #444444ff
COLOR 5: #ffffffff
TYPESET: Ebrima (Bold)